Rite Way Mfg. Co. Ltd. offers an excellent working environment and an attractive compensation and benefits package.
Rite Way has two locations in Canada: Imperial and Regina, Saskatchewan.
Email a letter of application and resume to email@example.com.
NOTE: Please indicate what position you are applying for in the subject line.
The position of Production Welder includes, but is not limited to, production welding and prototype building. Responsibilities will include the fabrication of custom components from supplied drawings, as well as the fabrication of metal structures using jigs and fixtures in a high paced production environment.
The use of various hand tools, machinery and equipment will be required to manufacture metal products. This position will work with supervisors and lead hands to ensure continuous improvements, meeting quotas and welding according to pre-set parameters using MIG welding processes. The Welder will be required to assist the R&D Department with insight and knowledge of metal properties and welding requirements and have strong knowledge and skill in operating all metalworking machinery. Additionally, the welder will be required to read and understand production drawings, blueprints, work orders and other written instructions.
- Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications.
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment.
- Maintain safe work practices.
- Liaise with other employees for resolution of data and technical problems.
- Monitor parts usage and report on any material issues.
- Provide data to assist in monitoring and tracking project budgets and project status.
- Assist in training, directing & supervision of junior employees, inspecting and certifying their work.
- Review blueprints and specifications; ensure drawings and specifications will function as designed in environment intended for use.
- Operate metal shaping machines such as brakes, shears and other metal straightening and bending machines as needed.
- Other assigned work as required.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- 1-3 years’ experience as a Welder, or 10-month technical training program or equivalent
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment.
- Experience with routine maintenance operations.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.