Rite Way Mfg. Co. Ltd. offers an excellent working environment and an attractive compensation and benefits package.
Rite Way has two locations in Canada: Imperial and Regina, Saskatchewan.
Email letter of application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate what position you are applying for in the subject line.
Location: Regina, SK
The position of Mechanical Assembler includes, but is not limited to assembling farm equipment from provided components according to instructions from the supervisor and/or by reading blueprints and other technical drawings.
The use of various hand tools, machinery and equipment will be required to assemble equipment. This position will work with supervisors and lead hands to ensure continuous improvements and meet quotas. The assembler will be required to read and understand production drawings, blueprints, work orders and other written instructions.
- Read schematics, blueprints and other technical diagrams
- Bolt, screw, clip, or otherwise fasten parts and components together using hand and power tools and equipment
- Safely operate various hand and power tools
- Connect cables, tubes and wires to complete assemblies and installations
- Position and install parts, subassemblies and accessories using hand and power tools and other aids such as overhead hoists
- Clean and perform preparation of work-site
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery, equipment, and materials
- Lubricate, clean, maintain and repair machinery, equipment, and tools
- Grind, scrape, sand, or polish surfaces using abrasive tools or machines
- Maintain safe work practices
- Monitor parts usage and report on any shortages or material issues
- Perform other duties as required.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- One year experience as a Mechanical Assembler or similar position
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
Additional Requirements (can be attained after hiring)
- Crane safe operation training
- Safe rigging training
- Forklift license
- WHMIS training
- Physical ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Constant light physical effort (bending, reaching, carrying light items, walking, standing)
- Regular heavy physical effort (carrying, lifting or pushing heavy items)
- Regular requirement for manual dexterity and coordination
- Work occasionally requires attentional to detail, subject to frequent interruptions
- Occasional peak periods requiring an accelerated work pace over which you have no control
- Limited highly repetitive and/or monotonous tasks
- Overtime as required.
- Hazards associated with a manufacturing environment
- Work both indoors and outdoors